A digital marketing strategy is a fundamental part of your wider marketing strategy, and your marketing strategy should fall in step with your business plan. With over 20 years experience in digital technologies and results-based experience in traditional marketing, we are a great digital marketing agency that you can trust.
What is digital marketing?
The term digital marketing incorporates everything your brand and company does online or through electronic media. Services that fall under ‘Digital Marketing’ are often bought in or are approached by in-house marketing staff piecemeal, but really they need to be approached as a whole.
Individual disciplines such as Website Design, Social Media Management, ecommerce, Mobile, SMS, Digital TV, Podcasts, Blogging, SEO and Email Marketing all fall under the realm of digital marketing which can make for complex relationships that need to operate uniformly for a brand.
What makes a good digital marketing strategy?
The key difference between traditional marketing and digital marketing is that the channels and methods used for digital marketing enable businesses to analyse their marketing campaigns, often in real time. This analytical feedback helps businesses to understand what is working and what isn’t and can help an organisation be more agile with their digital marketing activities. It also makes managing these channels a complex task that can become labour intensive depending on the channels employed.
To be successful in digital marketing businesses need to;
- Effectively manage customer relationships across digital and traditional marketing channels, and speak with ‘one voice’.
- Respond in a timely fashion to customers online, and be prepared to do so publicly. Customer service online is often also a reputation management exercise.
- Delve into digital analytics to create KPIs that track back to the business plan, and that help the business to respond to customer behaviours.
Do you need help with digital marketing?
Many businesses we work with are long-established and already have robust marketing strategies in place that work well for them. Traditional marketing techniques such as PR, advertising, print and media are long established tools in the traditional marketeer’s armoury. These days digital marketing should be integrated also into our wider marketing plans.
Businesses typically reach out to us when they:
- want to redesign or update their website but are not sure about the best way forward
- are unsure of the benefits of social media for their business
- don’t have the expertise in-house, or can’t spare the resources to sort out web-related problems
- have a website but want to add ecommerce capability to it
- have doubts that their website is search engine optimised for search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo
- find they struggle to keep up with what their web supplier is talking about
- have web statistics for their website, but cannot figure out what all the numbers mean
- wonder if advertising through Google Adwords, Twitter or Facebook Ads would work for their company
At Gravity Digital, we have a solid background in all these digital marketing techniques and many more that will make your business’ digital marketing strategy robust. We don’t do digital marketing, we do marketing for a digital world.
Find out more…
To learn more about our digital marketing services, please get in touch. If you’d like a quote for a project, email us on [email protected] or give us a call on 01332 416555.