Junior Web Designer
Full-time 40 hours per week, flexible working hours. Part-time pro rata would be considered.
(NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE)
Based in Derby city centre or our office in Bakewell. Own transport required and must also be prepared to travel between our two offices, as well as to client's premises.
We are a successful and growing digital marketing agency specialising in website design, SEO, PPC campaigns, social media management and other aspects of the marketing mix. Our clients range from small start-up companies to large multi-nationals and well-known brands.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Junior Web Designer to join our team in Derby. You will have strong technical skills with a keen eye for design combined with great user experience and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time, sometimes to quite tight deadlines. You will also need to be a good team player and a great communicator and be expected to attend client meetings when required.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Website design and development
- User interface design
- Email design and implementation
- Support existing clients and projects
- Implementing SEO recommendations
- Maintain and updating existing websites
To be considered for this position you must possess strong communication skills, be able to work as part of a team and possess the following skills and experience: -
- Experience in designing and developing responsive websites
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop / Illustrator essential)
- Experience of working with commercial and open source CMS systems (including Wordpress) and e-commerce systems.
- Good understanding of SEO
- Social media aware and up to speed on the latest widgets and APIs.
- Be able to work on your own initiative and be professional at all times.
- Most of all – be positive, pro-active and personable – our clients love that!
You will also have:
- Some experience working in a similar position
- A good awareness of industry trends
- The ability to communicate with clients.
- A good understanding of usability and design patterns.
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills.
- Commercial experience, including project & client management skills
How to apply:
If you are serious about joining our team and you think you have the energy and commitment to work in a fast paced marketing environment, then we would love to hear from you. In the first instance please email your CV with covering letter, links to recent work and salary expectations.
Post: Gravity Digital Ltd, The Mill, Lodge Lane, Derby. DE1 3HB